Health and Life Skills
Help youth achieve and maintain healthy, active lifestyles both physically and emotionally.
- Smart Journeys- Healthy Habits: Designed to incorporate healthy living and active learning in every part of the Club Experience, the Healthy Habits program emphasizes good nutrition and regular physical activity as means to improve overall well-being.
- SMART Girls: Through dynamic sessions, participatory activities, field trips, and mentoring opportunities with adult women, Club girls explore their own and societal attitudes and values as they build skills for eating right, staying physically fit, getting good health care and developing positive relationships with peers and adults.
- Passport to Manhood: engages young boys in discussions and activities that reinforce character, leadership and positive behavior. Each participant receives a “passport” to underscore the notion that he is on a personal journey of maturation and growth. Each of the program’s 14 sessions use interactive activities to focus on a specific aspect of character and manhood.
- Zero Hunger Meal Program: provides a healthy, balanced meal and after-school snack for all members free of charge.
- Culinary Arts for Teens: teaches teens the fundamentals of cooking as well as nutrition and affordable, healthy recipes they can make at home
- Roots to Shoots Gardening: organic gardening program hosted at certain clubs.