Looking for Programs for Your Child During School Breaks and After School?
For over 60 years, United Boys & Girls Clubs has served over 500 youth DAILY in their after school and school breaks programs. We operate a Drop-In program with an open door policy. Designed for youth grades K-12th, this program encourages youth to reach their full potential. Based on physical, emotional, cultural, and social needs and interests of boys and girls, the Club offers tested, proven, and nationally-recognized programs with three priority outcomes in mind: Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship, and a Healthy Lifestyle!
We keep our membership cost low at only $40 per year to ensure that every child has the option of a safe, positive, after school environment, with professionally trained staff and volunteers.
CHECK OUT OUR ATHLETICS PROGRAMS:
Our athletic opportunities strive to equip all young people with the skills and techniques they need to excel in sports, building good character, sportsmanship, and fundamentals through a positive and fun environment. UBGC sports leagues are open to youth in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
To participate in one of the leagues, youth must be a current Club member, or pay for a Sports Membership.
Current Sports Programs:
UBGC Basketball – Register now through November
Find Your Club to Sign Up Now!
Click on “Current Member”
Select your home Club
Pay for Registration
Get excited for Basketball!
Programas deportivos actuales:
UBGC Baloncesto – Regístrese ahora hasta noviembre
¡Escoje su club para registrarte ahora!
Haga clic en “Miembro actual”
Seleccione su club de origen
Pagar por registro
¡Emociónate por el baloncesto!
UBGC mentors over 600 children and teens daily in our after school program.
Our After School Programs
- • Power Hour: Making the minutes count after school with homework assistance and educational games to enhance learning.
- • Triple Play: Strives to improve the overall health of Club members ages 6-18 by increasing their daily physical activity, teaching them good nutrition and helping them develop healthy relationships.
- • BGCA Specialized Programs: Boys & Girls Clubs of America specializes in programs to meet the needs of our youth. Youth have daily choices of a wide-variety of programs to pique their interests, such as Smart Girls, Passport to Manhood, and more.
- • A.S.E.S Programs: The A.S.E.S. Program is a state-funded, enrichment-based program that offers daily homework help, team building, sports & fitness, arts and crafts, and daily nutritional snacks. The program serves students in grades TK through 6th. The A.S.E.S. program operates Monday through Friday from school dismissal until 6 pm daily on regular school days. For more info, contact the UBGC Lompoc Unit or the UBGC Goleta Unit.
UBGC offers transportation from various schools across the County to the Clubs Monday- Friday, for a low fee. Transportation is also provided on Saturdays from areas reported to have a high youth population. Scholarships are provided for families that qualify. Transportation is offered on a first come first serve basis for sign ups. We recommend contacting your local Club to find out more about the transportation program in your area.
Our Clubs offer spaces specifically for teen members 13-18. We feel our teens need an area targeted to help them reach their full potential. Our teen centers are packed with engaging programming teaching them about college, scholarship opportunities, healthy lifestyles, as well as college field trips. We participate in the National Youth of the Year competition where a teen from every location is selected to compete for a college scholarship. Our locations also offer a Jr. Staff program aimed to give teens on the job training and help them build a resume for the future.
Looking for a positive outlet on Friday night? Our locations offer Friday Stay Late just for teens! Stay Late includes supervised dances, athletics, hang outs, food, and field trips from 6-10pm.
Early Bird & Day Camps
During school breaks, our Clubs are open and offer programs at a low cost to our members and families. For an additional fee, all sites open at 7:30am for parents and families in need of a safe place to drop off their children in the morning.
Club members are exposed to educational programming in the morning that are in line with our three priority outcomes.
At 12pm (noon), Club members are welcome to the Club for normal hours of operations at no additional cost.
UBGC strives to provide high quality programs that engage the youth we serve and enhance their learning. We would love to hear from you, our parents and supporters to help us grow our programs further. Below is a quick 2-3 minute survey! Thank you for your feedback and trust.
HERE ARE OUR LOCATIONS:
A.S.E.S. PROGRAM LOCATIONS
Leonora Fillmore Elementary:
• 1211 E. Pine Avenue, Lompoc, CA 9343
Arthur Hapgood Elementary:
• 324 S. A Street, Lompoc, CA 93436
La Honda STEAM Academy:
• 1213 A Street, Lompoc, CA 93436
La Patera Elementary: at the Goleta Unit