Learn more about our COVID-19 relief programs.
Community Learning Centers Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. at select locations. $150 weekly-scholarships available
A day program for working families that do not have access to childcare. This program will provide in-person educational support and free meals for students
*If you need a scholarship for Community Learning Center Day Program, please select “ Scholarship Need.” This will add you to our financial assistance list, where someone will contact you about completing the registration process and applying for a scholarship.
After-School program Monday-Friday 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. FREE for all students who qualify for free and reduced lunch
For three hours every weekday, hundreds of children will be able to take dance and yoga classes, learn organic gardening, take part in outdoor activities, and eat a healthy snack.
*If you’re not a current member, please register and then return to the parent tab and click payment to finish the registration.
UBGC mentors over 600 children and teens daily in our after school program.
Our After School Programs
- Power Hour: Making the minutes count after school with homework assistance and educational games to enhance learning.
- Triple Play: Strives to improve the overall health of Club members ages 6-18 by increasing their daily physical activity, teaching them good nutrition and helping them develop healthy relationships.
- BGCA Specialized Programs: Boys & Girls Clubs of America specializes in programs to meet the needs of our youth. Youth have daily choices of a wide-variety of programs to pique their interests, such as Smart Girls, Passport to Manhood, and more.
- A.S.E.S Programs: The A.S.E.S. Program is a state-funded, enrichment-based program that offers daily homework help, team building, sports & fitness, arts and crafts, and daily nutritional snacks. The program serves students in grades TK through 6th. The A.S.E.S. program operates Monday through Friday from school dismissal until 6 pm daily on regular school days. For more info, contact the UBGC Lompoc Unit or the UBGC Goleta Unit.
Our athletic opportunities strive to equip all young people with the skills and techniques they need to excel in sports, building good character, sportsmanship, and fundamentals through a positive and fun environment. UBGC sports leagues are open to youth in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
To participate in one of the leagues, youth must be a current Club member, or pay for a Sports Membership. Current Sports Programs:
UBGC offers transportation from various schools across the County to the Clubs Monday- Friday, for a low fee. Transportation is also provided on Saturdays from areas reported to have a high youth population. Scholarships are provided for families that qualify. Transportation is offered on a first come first serve basis for sign ups. We recommend contacting your local Club to find out more about the transportation program in your area.
Our Clubs offer spaces specifically for teen members 13-18. We feel our teens need an area targeted to help them reach their full potential. Our teen centers are packed with engaging programming teaching them about college, scholarship opportunities, healthy lifestyles, as well as college field trips. We participate in the National Youth of the Year competition where a teen from every location is selected to compete for a college scholarship. Our locations also offer a Jr. Staff program aimed to give teens on the job training and help them build a resume for the future.
Looking for a positive outlet on Friday night? Our locations offer Friday Stay Late just for teens! Stay Late includes supervised dances, athletics, hang outs, food, and field trips from 6-10pm.
Early Bird & Day Camps
During school breaks, our Clubs are open and offer programs at a low cost to our members and families. For an additional fee, all sites open at 7:30am for parents and families in need of a safe place to drop off their children in the morning.
Club members are exposed to educational programming in the morning that are in line with our three priority outcomes.
At 12pm (noon), Club members are welcome to the Club for normal hours of operations at no additional cost.
UBGC strives to provide high quality programs that engage the youth we serve and enhance their learning. We would love to hear from you, our parents and supporters to help us grow our programs further. Below is a quick 2-3 minute survey! Thank you for your feedback and trust.
A.S.E.S. PROGRAMS & EXTENSION LOCATIONS
Leonora Fillmore Elementary:
• 1211 E. Pine Avenue, Lompoc, CA 9343
Arthur Hapgood Elementary:
• 324 S. A Street, Lompoc, CA 93436
La Patera Elementary: at the Goleta Unit
La Honda STEAM Academy:
• 1213 A Street, Lompoc, CA 93436