Camp Whittier is a year-round camp and retreat center nestled among the hills of the Los Padres National Forest just north of Santa Barbara. Our private 94 acre site within an oak woodland canyon hosts an abundance of wildlife and is located next to Lake Cachuma.
Our facilities are available for anything from single-day meeting space rental to week-long overnight lodging with staff led nature programming. We can accommodate groups of up to 200 people meeting a variety of needs including summer camps, school science camps, leadership & challenge course programs, community events, organizational conferences & meetings, spiritual retreats, weddings, and more.
If you work in K-12 schools, please contact us about our Science Camp and Leadership Programs!
Climbing Wall with Zip-Line
Challenge Course with low and high ropes
Several amphitheatres with campfire pits
Facilities & Rentals
Camp Whittier facilities include meeting spaces, bunkhouse lodging, small cabins, dining hall, and tent cabins. For rates and availability, please contact Camp Whittier by email or phone. See descriptions below:
- Canyon Lodge – Sleeps up to 20 people with five private dormitory style rooms and two bathrooms. This lodge also contains a large meeting hall with space for up to 150 people.
- Canyon Village – 5 bunkhouses which sleep a total of 75 people. There are 2 bathhouses for a total of 8 showers available for guests.
- Creek Lodge – Meeting space with kitchenette and deck overlooking field for up to 40 people.
- Wilderness Cabins – 6 individual cabins with private baths and kitchenette. Each cabin sleeps up to 4 people.
- Dining Hall – Dining services are an option with meals provided in our spacious dining hall by our friendly staff. We accommodate special dietary needs whenever possible.
- Challenge Course – Available for rental see programs and activities
Call now for reservations or more information (805) 962-6776.
Camp Whittier offers full package camps including Science Camp, Leadership Camp and Theme Camps. We can customize any program to meet your goals and specific curriculum needs. Let us lead a hike for you! You may choose to supplement your own program with one or more Camp Whittier facilitated programs. We have a wide variety of activity sessions to offer and all of our programs are led by highly experienced local naturalists and challenge course facilitators.
- Outdoor Science Camp – The Outdoor Science Camp program is a 5th & 6th grade 3 night & 4 day program which teaches respect for nature, sense of community and stewardship through hands-on exploration and activities in nature. – Contact us for more info!
- The Outdoor Experience Camp – This camp is customized to fit your goals and desired outcomes in the areas of Science, Adventure, Teambuilding, and Connection to nature, community & self through a variety of activity choices. This program is available to all ages and grades including college level. This camp incorporates our Challenge Course! – Contact us for more info!
- Challenge Course Teambuilding & Leadership Program – Bring your students, group, team, workforce, etc. to build communication skills, teamwork, and confidence through a series of teambuilding games, low ropes and high ropes activities. Each participant will be challenged to learn and grow as an individual and as a team. This program is adaptable to all ages and abilities. – Contact us for more info!
- Teen Film Camp – This camp is provided by the Santa Barbara International Film Festival and is available to 30 teens who will be selected by their passion for film and arts. Teens will learn about screenwriting, lighting, sound, editing and more! Each student will be part of a team that creates their own short film that will be shown to family the last day of camp. Also, those short films will be shown at the 2019 Santa Barbara International Film Festival. Must be a United Boys & Girls Club Member to apply. Camp dates take place for 5 days during the month of June. – Click for more info or click here to download the SBIFF Teen Film Camp Application Packet now!
- Facilitated Activities – These are some of the activities you may choose from to supplement your camp rental.
- Ecology Hike
- Animal Tracks & Birding Hike
- Orienteering & Survival Skills
- Fire & Shelter Building
- Art in Nature
- Birds of Prey
- Plants & Primitive People
- Skit Development
- Photo Bomb Scavenger Hunt
- Campfire program
- Amazing Race
- Night Hike
- Nocturnal Knowledge
Contact us to visit Camp Whittier!